Are you wondering what the best addons for WotLK 3.3.5 (specifically for Warmane WoW) are? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place!
But first, let me introduce myself. I’m Kuro, an experienced player from Warmane (Icecrown). I’ve defeated The Lich King (Heroic) and Halion (Heroic) countless times on multiple characters and currently, I’m the guild master of Euphoria, a local guild. You could say that I play for fun but I also like to see progress when possible, that’s why I still find time for raiding even in my adulthood.
Throughout the years, I’ve tested countless addons for WotLK 3.3.5 but not every one of them works on Warmane. This is precisely why you can’t just download any random 3.3.5 addon you find on the Internet.
Also, there are hundreds of addons to choose from but not all are essential.
Moreover, there are original WotLK addons that have been improved to be a perfect match for Warmane.
What are WoW addons?
AddOns (sometimes called addons, add-ons, or mods) are collections of Lua/XML code that augment, modify, or replace World of Warcraft’s default user interface.
So, why would you need addons? Well, addons are helpful in absolutely every WoW experience.
- leveling & questing,
- selling items through the auction house,
- profession skilling,
- gathering herbs and minerals for gold,
- having a clean UI,
To sum it up, addons make your WoW life much easier.
What is Warmane?
Warmane is (primarily) a WotLK Private Server.
Playing on a private WoW server has pros and cons.
While it is free, it’s privately owned, so you might encounter bugs or downtime of servers. In addition, Warmane lets players buy in-game items on their website, which can ruin someone’s PvP experience.
Warmane WotLK realms
Warmane has 4 WotLK realms where you can play.
- Icecrown, the most popular Warmane WotLK realm with 12 000 players active almost at any time of the day. Icecrown is a 7 EXP rate and 3x professions rate. As a result, you will level up and skill professions way faster.
- Frostmourne, the newest addition to their realms that makes for a great seasonal experience. Depending on when you join, you can experience full-power progress of Naxxrammas, Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, Icecrown Citadel, or Ruby Sanctum.
- Lordaeron, a blizzlike realm that doesn’t have a 30% buff aura in Icecrow Citadel. You can, of course, play casually there, but don’t expect relatively easy progress in Icecrown Citadel/Ruby Sanctum like on Icecrown realm. You will need to tryhard if you want to kill heroic bosses here.
- Blackrock, the best realm if you are only interested in PvP. You will get an instant 80 level and starting gear so you can go to battlegrounds or arenas right away.
In total, there are over 20 000 players online at any given time during the day.
1. Zidras’s DBM
Deadly Boss Mode, better known as DBM, is among the must-have PvE addons. It will show you helpful tips during boss encounters so you don’t fail any tactic. This includes things like timers for every boss mechanic, telling you to move away from bad stuff, range checks, and much more.
This DBM is modified for Warmane’s servers and works on Icecrown Frostmourne, and Lordaeron realms. Zidras frequently updates this addon and improves the timers or adds new useful features.
That being said, Zidras DBM is greatly improved compared to the original version of the DBM addon for 3.3.5. Not only timers are correct for Warmane’s servers but it also has extended functionality.
- voice speech pack that guides you during boss encounters,
- automatic equipping/unequipping of weapons if you are targetted by Lady Deathwhisper’s mind control (this mechanic has the potential to wipe the raid if you are a melee/hunter and leave your weapons on),
- automatic removal of certain buffs that could prevent your guildmates from crowd controlling you if you are targetted by Lady Deathwhisper’s MC,
- custom options for pretty much every warning.
2. Skada Revisited for WoTLK
Skada is a modular damage meter that has segmented fights, multiple viewing modes, and resizable windows. It strives to be extremely memory and CPU efficient.
Players who have been using the default, old Skada will be shocked by how accurately and easily they can track things with this improved, revisited Skada.
There are also other features that you can set up like:
- death log (the last hit a player took before dying),
- reporting fails,
- announcing interrupts,
- announcing parry haste,
- counting sunder armor,
- threat warning with flash screen and sound,
- first hit on the boss.
Just play with the options and I’m sure you will find a way to customize it according to your liking.
3. Bunny67’s Weak Aura 2
Weak Auras (WA) is another important PvE addon that can boost your gameplay.
Bunny 67’s WA is a powerful and versatile framework that enables the display of highly customized visuals to show buffs, debuffs, and other vital information on World of Warcraft’s user interface.
Originally designed as a simple alternative to Power Auras, this addon has recently added more features while still being effective and simple to use.
Lunminas was so kind that he actually made Weak Auras for every class and spec. Find them all here.
To import the auras, install the addon, launch WoW, and type
/wa. Then click on
Import and copy the code from the Pastebin file. After that, click on
Lunmina’s WAs only work with Bunny 67’s Weak Auras addon. They won’t function with the old WA addon.
SnowfallKeyPress is essential not only in PvE but also in PvP. With the help of this addon, key bindings are accelerated so that they are activated by key press rather than key release.
You don’t have to do anything with this addon, it will work right out of the box.
Some ElvUI users reported that SnowfallKeyPress bugs their UI.
Everyone would agree that no matter what spec you play, you should have some kind of raid frames. Whether you use Grid, Vodoo, or Healbot is up to you, but I find it easiest to heal and track things with Healbot.
Based on the name, you can already tell that this addon was primarily created for healers. But the best thing about Healbot is that you don’t have to be a healer to use it. Healbot allows you to easily track even significant debuffs in addition to customizing the bars to your preferences. You don’t even need to be familiar with the addon because most of them are even configured by default.
Some of Healbot’s most useful features are:
- casting any beneficial spells with various mouse combinations,
- monitoring for the removal of debuffs (magic, poison, curse, disease),
- monitoring for missing buffs,
- customizable debuffs and icons for spells.
Omen is a threat meter. You have to use some threat meter addon, whether it be Skada (Threat Window) or Omen if you play tanks or DPS. It’s useful for healers as well, especially if you are a holy paladin because of the spell Hand of Salvation.
The reason why I put Omen in 6th place is that you can track your Threat efficiently in Skada.
However, certain classes and specs can benefit from Omen more than from Skada Threat Meter. For example, mages will see their aggro even when they cast Mirrored Images, it will be just greyed out.
7. Tidy Plates
Default WoW nameplates are kinda ugly.
Tidy Plates solves this issue by making them tidy and neat.
One of the most important features of this addon is the threat indicator also called tug-o’-threat. When this option is turned on, enemy nameplates’ color will change according to your aggro: blue for loose (safe) color and orange for aggro color.
In addition, you can change your health text mode, see the threat wheel, or turn on the text level & enemy class icon.
To toggle enemy nameplates on, press
Quartz changes your default cast bar and transforms it into a neater cast bar for your target and focus. It can also track latency, pets, buffs, GCD, and other useful information.
/quartz to bring up the configuration menu.
By default, there are only analogue cooldowns. But with OmniCC, you will see a digital timer, meaning that it will add text to items, spells, and abilities that are on cooldown to indicate when they will be ready to use.
This addon is incredibly handy for both PvP and PvE and it’ll work right off the bat.
I hate to say it but the GearScore addon is one of the must-have addons for Warmane WotLK 3.3.5.
It’s useful when you are being recruited to the guild as officers/recruiters ask you not only about your PvE/PvP experience but also about your gearscore (gs) and also if you want to raid outside of the guild with PUG (PickUp Groups).
The higher the number, the better. Gs indicates how strong your gear is.
While there are hundreds of WotLK 3.3.5 addons that work on Warmane, in reality, you need only a handful of them.
Make your life easier by testing any of the addons provided above and you might find some “lifesaver addon” that will make your WoW journey even better!